Pricing Director, Strategic Revenue Management 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills is seeking a Revenue & Pricing Director accountable for development and implementation/execution of overall General Mills Strategic Revenue Management strategy. The Director will lead the net revenue management strategy and analytical discipline across Sales Marketing and Finance while managing day-today processes in the organization. The Leader will champion efforts using trade, category and promotion analytics to deliver incremental sales growth.
* Align between functions involved in aspects of Strategic Revenue Management (especially Marketing, Sales, Finance) and coordinate programs and actions needed to implement recommendations as well as future initiatives that affect net revenue realization
* Define, develop and implement overall pricing toolkit and methodologies
* Shape annual pricing strategy and quarterly review recommendations for leadership discussion and approval
* Analytical and strategic skills - Develop meaningful market analytics that fosters strategic thinking regarding the most significant sales and margin growth opportunities relative to industry trends
* Drive pricing analysis tracking, determine implications for the business, and communicate findings across the organization
* Demonstrated significant initiative, tenacity and leadership in prior job
* Able to interact and persuade individuals at levels senior to him or her, as well as actively participate in meetings and group discussions with individuals from various parts of the organization (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance)
* Entrepreneurial skills and style
* Bachelor's degree in relative discipline that requires quantitative knowledge, Graduate/Master's degree preferred
* Significant experience in Net Revenue Management at large CPG
* 10+ years of business experience including 3+ yrs experience preferably spent in pricing or related Net Revenue Mgt topics
* Experience in Marketing or Sales highly preferred
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in a large global company and developing strategies, content, and programming for a global audience strongly preferred
* Experience developing and successfully deploying learning solutions in a global environment
* Strong influence skills; ability to influence in a decentralized, matrixed, and global environment
* Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools
* Knowledge and experience with all types of learning delivery methods (classroom, one-on-one, online courses, virtual learning, m-learning, microlearning, informal learning)
* Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization
* Personality assessment certifications preferred.