This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Principal Accountant. The responsibilities of this position include recording adjusting revenue entries, maintenance and reconciliation of the world-wide deferred revenue balance sheet. This is a highly visible position that requires the ability to communicate expected and actual financial results. Additional responsibilities include the following:
* Manage deferred revenue balance sheet for geographically assigned area
* Record adjustments to deferred revenue as requested by the WW Revenue Recognition team
* Support the quarterly review and yearly audit of deferred revenue
* Maintain a SOX compliant revenue environment
* Develop process documentation for assigned responsibilities
* Prepare a monthly reconciliation to the general ledger of contra-revenue
* Prepare standard and ad-hoc reporting requests as scheduled or needed
* Monthly and quarterly responsibility for recording and reconciling purchase accounting adjustments for acquisitions
This position reports to the Director of WW Revenue Accounting.
The successful candidate will have the following highly desirable qualifications and skills:
* Bachelors degree in Accounting required. Advanced degree preferred
* 8-10 years of progressive experience in a large public or private company
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access databases
* Knowledge and experience working with a large scale ERP general ledger such as Oracle or SAP
* Experience working with business intelligence databases such as MicroStrategy and experience with HFM reporting tool
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks
* Previous experience in preparing large volume high impacting journal entries.
* Strong balance sheet account reconciliation experience is required.
* Excellent communication skills and scheduling flexibility during month-end and quarter end close cycles.
* CPA Preferred