Principal Cloud Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 6/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart things .
The Mobile Speech and Content team builds speech recognition and natural language understanding applications which run on consumer electronics devices (e.g. smart phones, IoT) and cars. The software stack runs embedded on the device, on the cloud, and most typically both embedded and cloud (hybrid computing). The team works with the world's premier device and automotive manufacturers.
We are looking for a principal cloud architect, reporting directly into the engineering VP. The architect s primary focus is on cloud aspects, but over time he/she will become an expert on hybrid (embedded/cloud) architectures as well.
We are open to candidates near any Nuance office in North America, including Cambridge MA, Burlington MA, Sunnyvale CA, Seattle WA and Montreal Quebec. This position will support activities across the entire Mobile division, so some travel and extensive remote communication will be required.
We are looking for a strong and motivated software architect. Your main responsibilities will be, but will not be limited to:
* Solving complex technical problems by quarterbacking a cross functional team of technical experts
* Working with the engineering VP to define a vision of technical excellence for software architecture, tools and processes
* Working closely with the Quality Assurance and Hosted Operations teams to deploy, troubleshoot and optimize cloud solutions
* Analyzing existing systems and propose software architecture improvements, paying particular attention to latency, accuracy and extensibility.
* Assessing competing architectures and technical assets from different Nuance teams and acquisitions. Propose a technology consolidation plan which leverages the best IP from each solution
* Writing detailed designs, clearly convey intent and ideas to the developers
* Communicating ideas and plans to a diverse set of colleagues, negotiate technical solutions across teams when needed
* Working in a distributed environment with teams around the world
* Seamlessly shift between multiple, concurrent projects
Number of Years of Work Experience:
* 5+ years of software architecture experience
* 15+ years software industry experience.
* Hands-on experience architecting software systems, designing and delivering software modules. Primary focus is on software design.
* Deep experience Architecting a large scale solution on the cloud, billions of cloud transactions per month
* Deep experience with Agile methodologies; continuous integration, delivery and deployment to production.
* Very strong Programming experience with Java, specifically J2EE on Linux
* Relational database experience Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL or equivalent
* Big data experience Hadoop, Cassandra or equivalent
* Complete software life cycle experience, including deployment to production
* Clear passion for software engineering, design and performance.
* Must be able to work in a distributed environment and balance competing priorities
* Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal, is required for communication with globally distributed Nuance teams and customers
* Good people and negotiation skills, able to listen to disparate technical opinions and build consensus
* Mobile industry experience
* IoT industry experience
* Automotive industry experience
* Speech recognition industry experiencee
Education: Bachelors, Masters or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.