Principal Architect, Healthcare Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT, DEVELOPMENT
REMOTE HOME OFFICE, USA
Infor builds beautiful business applications with last mile functionality and scientific insights for select industries delivered as a cloud service. With 13,000 employees and customers in more than 200 countries and territories, Infor builds software that automates critical processes for industries including healthcare, manufacturing, fashion, wholesale distribution, hospitality, retail, and public sector. Headquartered in New York City, Infor is home to one of the largest creative agencies in Manhattan, Hook & Loop, focused solely on user experience design. Infor applications deliver a user experience that is fun and engaging while helping eliminate the need for customization through embedded deep industry domain. Infor deploys its applications primarily on the Amazon Web Services cloud and open source platforms. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Provides architectural and big picture oversight for development of new or enhanced Healthcare Infor products. Works with various product developers, product managers, and customer technology and application experts to conceive, architect and create Healthcare software products containing required features and modifications. Provides technical advice to other departments within the company. May be responsible for integrating components built by product developers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or information systems.
* Works with various programming and product groups within the company to ensure that required Healthcare features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features.
* Researches and reviews latest trends in development practices/design methodologies to incorporate into product development.
* Reviews customer defects especially related to overall product usability, performance, scalability and/or security issues which may involve reworking architecture.
* Architects and designs software modules and/or products that will work together to produce desired Healthcare solutions.
* Ensures completed modules provide all functionality described by application and technology experts and meet usability, performance, scalability, and/or security guidelines.
* Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to other members and groups within the department to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application and/or technology problem within different products and solutions.
* Works with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company's Healthcare products and solutions.
* Works with teams and clients to provide appropriate Healthcare use cases and data for Healthcare product design and testing
* Evaluates new technologies, development frameworks and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's products and solutions.
* Healthcare Industry expertise minimum of 3 years
* Typically requires 4-5 years of technical experience in software product development and architecture.
* Requires hands on coding experience in building products/applications; and expert level proficiency in writing code.
* Well versed in software development lifecycle and development methodologies.
* PCs and various software applications.
* Familiar with CASE tools products.
* Ability to create and present presentations to internal audiences
* Infor application specific expertise
* Healthcare application development experience
* Masters degree in business, software engineering, computer science or information systems
Equal Opportunity Employer. Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the OADA, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.