This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOptomi is in partnership with a local media advertising company that is looking for a SoftwareEngineer that will be responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of applications as well as leading and mentoring junior members of the team.
WHAT THE CANDIDATE WILL ENJOY:
Cool office, with a great company culture
Team outings, and great benefits
Named one of Baltimore's best places to work
Work with latest and greatest technologies in a fast paced team/environment
* Develop and deliver application source code
* Develop and deliver test plans to effectively run through and test the operational capabilities of applications
* Meet the deliverables and schedule of a software development project
* Communicate complex technical solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format to both technical and non-technical personnel
* Participate in requirements gathering meetings to understand business requirements and educate members about technical feasibility of various solutions to those requirements
* Develop and document technical designs, including but not limited to, entity diagrams, design notes, functional specifications, performance requirements, etc. showing pros and cons of various technical solutions
* Proficient in multiple high-level languages, e.g., Java, C++, C#, C.
* Proficient in multiple high-level scripting languages, e.g., python, perl, ruby, scala
* Proficient in multiple scripting languages, e.g., awk, bash, ksh, csh, powershell
* Proficient in Big Data technologies, e.g., Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MapReduce
* Proficient in search technologies, e.g., Lucene, Solr
* Proficient in NoSQL technologies, e.g., Cassandra, Redis, CouchBase, MongoDB, memCached
* Proficient in multiple operating systems, e.g., Windows, Linux, MacOs
* Proficient in multiple database technologies and concepts, e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, stored procedures, views, triggers
* Proficient in columnar-oriented databases, e.g., InfoBright, RedShift, Cloudera, HBase
* Proficient in continuous integration tools, e.g., CruiseControl, Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Bamboo
* Proficient in source control systems, e.g., SVN, CVS, perforce, git, ClearCase
* Proficient in software control frameworks, e.g., StrutureMap, Spring, Autofac
* Proficient in build systems, e.g., make, Ant, Maven, MSDeploy
* Proficient in data delivery technologies, e.g., JSON, protobuf, HTTP GET/POST, RESTful technologies
* Proficient in application containers, e.g., Apache, Tomcat, IIS
* Proficient in IDEs and frameworks, e.g., Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, .NET framework, JMeter, Castle
* Proficient in design and analysis tools, e.g., Visio, Excel, UML, Rational Rose