Principal Configuration Management Engineer, DevOps 8/8/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Principal Configuration Management Engineer - Build & Release, DevOps
* Build, maintain and improve Build and Release infrastructure for multiple release streams of an Enterprise Scale n-tier software product.
* Maintain source code repository (Git/Stash), build tools (Ant, Maven) and scripts (Shell, Batch).
* Enhance continuous integration setups based on Jenkins.
* Deploy and Manage artifact repository management tools (jFrog, Nexus, etc.) and configuration management tools (Ansible, Nexus, etc.).
* Establish code base integrity, check-in validation rules and branching and merging processes.
* Collaborate with scrum teams to establish and maintain automated regression suit infrastructure, and troubleshoot issues.
* Incorporate and maintain static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage tools in build infrastructure.
* Maintain information radiators, reporting and notification infrastructure for build progress, unit tests and automated regression suites.
* Improve automation, deployment and orchestration of infrastructure using tools such as Puppet for automated regression, UAT, etc.
* Manage software release activities, escrow process for main software releases, cumulative hot fixes, etc.
* Evaluate advancements in DevOps, new infrastructure and tools; look for ways to bring more effectiveness and efficiency.
* Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
* 7+ years of experience in Build and Release engineering, DevOps scripting, and automation
* Hands-on experience in maintaining code repositories (Git/Stash, SVN, Perforce etc),
* Hands-on experience working with build scripts and tools such as Ant and Maven, shell/batch scripts
* Hands on experience working with artifact repository managers such as jFrog Artifactory or Nexus
* Hands on experience working with configuration management, deployment and orchestration software such as Ansible
* Working experience of managing Build and Release infrastructure for Enterprise Scale software product built using Java, C++ and C#, web front-end, Apache Tomcat, RDBMS such as MySQL, third party and open source components on Windows Platform.
* Proven experience of establishing and managing CI/CD pipelines, tools such as Jenkins
* Proven verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with distributed engineering teams working in Agile development methodology.
* Demonstrated collaboration skills to work with IT/Lab and engineering scrum teams..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.