Principal Data Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Job Functions
* Advises and leads the translation of business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs; designs and builds appropriate data repositories and data movements (dimensional databases) to ensure that business needs are met. Creates database models which serve as blue prints for project engagements of all complexities.
* Leads the design, and oversees the implementation of data transformation and change processing procedures to ensure that data from multiple sources is aggregated, normalized and updated and then published to multiple target environments.
* Consults with clients and/or leads team on the most complex database projects. Designs internal and external data interfaces to ensure that database development needs are according to client specifications; coordinates with clients, external data providers, and business team to ensure that business model is accurately represented and understood by all relevant parties.
* Defines, develops and implements data standards and policies, data modeling, systems architecture design, and migration system architectures to ensure access to and integrity of data assets.
* Provides high-level analysis and design reviews in changes to online transactional processing, business processes, and external information sources. Recommends modifications and oversees implementations to improve quality of applications and meet additional requirements.
* Leads activities of database analysts and other database personnel to determine appropriate database deployment strategies and parameters and to ensure cost effectiveness and system efficiency.
* Evaluates new technologies and database/warehousing products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within company products.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
* Twelve or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
* Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
* Experience working with company hardware and software products to make sound financial recommendations
* Experience working with programming design and coding languages
* Experience working with industry standards, regulations and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems
* Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages
* Experience working with relational databases
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Strong skills in data administration, design and architecture
* Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers and management
* Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
* Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
* Willingness to travel