Principal Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Merrill Corporation provides technology-enabled platforms for content sharing, regulated communications and compliance services. Client s trust Merrill s innovative cloud-based applications and deep subject expertise to successfully navigate the secure sharing of their most sensitive content, prefect and distribute critical financial and regulatory disclosures, and create customized communications across stakeholders. With more than 3,800 people in 47 locations worldwide, clients turn to Merrill when their need to manage complex content intersects with the need to collaborate securely around the globe.
This position will establish a new discipline within Merrill to derive insight and intelligence from the information that we capture. A successful candidate will have a passion for data and for continuous learning; their passion drives them to constantly learn new techniques and algorithms in order to deliver insights that drive better results and outcomes. They want to get their hands dirty and figure out clever ways to capture data that we need but don t have yet, work with databases to effectively store the data we capture and analyze the data using a myriad of techniques. They have awesome communication skills and can explain the complex to the inexperienced; they re comfortable talking with technologists and just as comfortable talking with businesspeople to explain their insights and how they were derived.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Define a strategy for our data collection and analysis discipline
* Prioritize data analysis needs, focusing our energy on the areas we think will be most valuable, while taking an agile approach to provide feedback quickly on the art of the possible
* Implement systems to capture and manage data
* Use algorithms to generate insight from the data that s captured
* Package and present the results of algorithmic analysis to key stakeholders
* Work with product management to identify opportunities to turn our insights into new product offerings or into enhancements of existing products
* Masters or PhD in statistics, applied mathematics or computer science
* Demonstrated experience in building algorithmic, machine learning systems using programming tools like R or Python
* At least 10 year s technology industry experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced technology / internet environment
* Experience working with both structured numeric data and with unstructured text content
* Experience modeling complex business problems, solving business issues through the use of algorithmic, statistical, mining and visualization techniques.
* Initiates, leads, conducts and supports product development based on mathematics, statistics or computer science.
* Is recognized as an expert within own area of the organization
* Proficiency at integrating and preparing large and varied data sets including architecting large computing environments and communicating results
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.