Principal Engineer 8/12/2016
Ajulia Executive Search
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
Global Leader in Power Management
Near Asheville, NC
Top Salary, Full Benefits, Bonus Eligible
Relocation and Interview Travel Assistance Available
The PRINCIPAL ENGINEER will lead research and development for advanced medium voltage converters and distribution devices for AC and DC power systems, and engage in full life-cycle development of digital, analog and micro-controller circuits using power conversion functionality, power distribution and motor control. Team works in the area of power electronics, power systems, power converters, electromagnetics, electric drives, numerical modeling and controls.
* Develop and push forward technology strategy and enact applications within Power Conversion team.
* Define requirements and lead technology investigation, system specification, functional design, modeling and simulation, test plan and execution, component selection, Electromagnetic Compatibility, system packaging, thermal analysis, and printed circuit board schematics and layout for programs that involve multiple components and systems of high complexity.
* Direct complex system tests at low and medium voltage, and board and subassembly tests at scaled down and full scale voltage, power and current.
* Act as subject matter expert for Medium Voltage Power Electronics and Systems, and Power Conversion for PDCA activities which includes participating in technical or industry events and groups, publishing papers, mentoring junior staff, and interacting with business and engineering customers.
* Direct resources and establish valuable internal and external partnerships.
* Responsible for the safety of laboratory activities in accordance with MESH requirements.
* Collaborate with academic and advanced technology organizations to further the state of research and identify industry trends and developments.
* Develop articles for technical and trade publications and present technical papers at industry conferences.
* Participate in developing IP strategy with stakeholders and contribute to IP generation.
* Master's degree in engineering from an accredited institution, PhD in Electrical Engineer a plus.
* 15+ years of industry experience in applied research.
* 10+ years of experience with Medium Voltage power electronics, hands on laboratory research, and proven technical leadership and innovation.
* Experience with design and analysis tools including SPICE, EMTP-RV, Altium, MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, RTLab or equivalent.
* Experience with Adjustable Speed Drives in low and/or medium voltage, Thermal Design, Motor Control, EMC, Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software, etc.
* Experience directing and/or performing board layout.
* Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor experience.
* Must be able to perform component level debugging of digital, analog, and micro-controller circuits.
* Some international travel possible.
_Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package. _