This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
This position reports to the Manager of Engineering Excellence and provides lead development engineering support to both existing and new Appliance BU connector product lines. Design and develop new product platforms as well as support modifications, product extensions and product derivatives for new applications. Regularly communicates with business office and sales team to support customer demands for assigned product lines. Offers technical assistance to both internal and external customers. Utilize available resources to resolve customer problems. Utilize existing processes to bring innovative products to market.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* A Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience, Masters Degree preferred
* Knowledge of 3D modeling, simulation techniques and tolerance analysis
* Knowledge of materials, connector design, sheet metal design, injection molding, metal stamping and plating
* Experience leading design and technical reviews
* Ability to evaluate functional requirements of products to ensure compliance with design objectives and customer requirements
* Ability to work closely with manufacturing to enhance performance and reduce costs of products
* Experience in successfully working in teams, and working with various functional disciplines to meet project objectives
* Effective problem solving ability, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
* Individual must be a self-starter that requires minimum supervision, have strong planning skills and be able to deal with and balance multiple priorities
* Proven history of continuous improvements, cost reductions, time to market reductions and IP portfolio
* Technical leader and mentor of other engineers
* Represents the BU with external organizations and agencies