Principal GaAs MMIC Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
MA-COM Technology Solutions Inc
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL GAAS MMIC DESIGN ENGINEER
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (M/A-COM Tech) is a leading provider of high performance analog semiconductor solutions for use in wireless and wireline applications across the radio frequency (RF), microwave and millimeterwave spectrum. We design and manufacture standard and custom devices, integrated circuits, components, modules, and sub-systems for customers who demand high performance, quality, and reliability. Our heritage in the RF industry dates back to the founding of Microwave Associates in 1950. Our primary markets are Networks, which includes cable television, cellular backhaul, and fiber optics applications, Aerospace and Defense, which includes military communications and public safety applications, and Multi-market, which includes automotive, industrial, medical, mobile and scientific applications.
The position is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a small team of highly motivated and highly experienced MMIC designers in MACOM s Santa Clara MMIC Design Center. A collaborative environment is cultivated to allow cross-pollination of ideas within the group, and also the wider global technical community of a company with an outstanding track record and 60+ year pedigree in the Microwave Electronics industry. Creativity, publication of technical advancements and generation of IP is encouraged and rewarded.
Must be self-motivated, results driven and capable of working with little supervision in an environment where time to market and quality of execution are paramount. The ideal candidate will be passionate about MMIC design and this will have been demonstrated through a large number of tape outs, released products and proven commercial successes.
* Design of GaAS MMIC amplifiers
* Ability and willingness to characterize products hands on in the lab when required to meet project schedules
* Support applications engineering, technical sales, and product line management when required.
* Support of products through the entire product development and production release cycle
* Definition of product specifications and development of test plans
* Prepare for and hold design review meetings
* Develop reference designs and applications notes
* Mentor junior engineers and interns
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
* 10+ years of hands on GaAs MMIC amplifier design
* MSc or PhD in EE or related field
* Proven ability to design and support the production release of GaAs amplifier products
* Demonstrated design successes one or more of the following topologies: Travelling wave amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, gain blocks, variable gain amplifiers, power amplifiers, power detectors.
* High level of proficiency in AWR design software including Axiem
* Experience with other high frequency electromagnetic analysis software, particularly HFSS or EMPro
* Familiarity with methods of thermal analysis
* Experience with common high frequency packaging techniques
EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.