Principal Hardware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Toshiba America Business Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Principal Hardware Engineer
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is seeking a Principal Engineer for Hardware to lead a development team working on the next generation of MFP product.
As a Principal Hardware Engineer, you will be instrumental in designing the new HW for the next generation of MFP devices. Design for cost effectiveness, such as customer replaceable unit. The ideal candidate is someone who has in depth understanding of hardware and embedded design as it relates to MFP. As a valuable member of a team, you will be contributing to the overall success of the product delivery. This position is with the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division of Toshiba.
* Architecting, Design, Develop embedded devices.
* Hardware design for CRU.
* Trade-off analysis between cost and design and lowest TCO.
* Design for cost by balancing between hardware and software.
* Create engineering design documentation and specification.
* Collaborate closely with worldwide development site.
* Communicate status and identify project risks to the project team.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical EngineeringMechanical Engineering or related fields.
* Minimum 10 years applicable engineering experience with a background in product development, leading to successful product launch.
* 5+ years' experience in designing MFP product development.
* ASIC design experience is desirable.
* CAD experience is desirable.
* Experience with compression algorithms to hardware, color management system.
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
* Deep understanding of the MFP and networking hardware industry.
* Experience with design from manufacturing.
* Ability to travel overseas.
At Toshiba, we are focused on helping business better control their productivity and profitability by delivering innovative imaging and retail solutions and services. We understand delivering great products alone is not enough, so we use human innovation to help solve our customer's business challenges.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. was formed in October 1999 as an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the eighth largest integrated electronic and electric equipment company in the world with more than 200,000 employees globally and more than $63 billion in annual sales.
Toshiba's technological heritage spans more than a century. Toshiba dedicates more than $4 billion of its annual revenue to research and development, which has contributed to the success of the company's digital imaging solutions products. Consistently recognized for innovation, quality and technological excellence, Toshiba has garnered more than 200 industry awards and product recommendations including being a thirteen-time winner of BTA's \\"Most Favored Manufacturer\\" and an eight-time winner of Marketing Research Consultant's \\"Copier Manufacturer of the Year\\" award.
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email AccommodationRequest@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation..