Principal Infrastructure Engineer (Network)
PRINCIPAL INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (NETWORK)
12 MONTHS CONTRACTS
Job Duties/Responsibilities & Technical Qualifications:
* Provide service to CA by providing proactive knowledge and acting as an escalation point for Engineering, Service Support, and Service Delivery.
* Drive innovation in engineering knowledge, practices, or procedures by testing and adopting new solutions and methods.
* Must have an in-depth knowledge of heterogeneous networking components along with knowledge of routing/switching involving native LAN and VLANtechnologies including network Accelerators. Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP, Network switching and routing protocols and VPNtechnologies
* Expert level of knowledge of routing protocols: EIGRP/OSPF/BGP
* Expert with Load Balancing on F5/Citrix
* Experience with Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto Network firewalls
* Switching/Routing/Firewalling on multi-vendor platforms - specifically Cisco and Juniper
* Excellent trouble shooting skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and desire to cross train outside own area of technical expertise
* Experience of prioritizing workload in high pressure and time constrained environments.
* Certified CCNP/JNCP or better or equivalent experience
* Seek out and embraces opportunities to be CA's first and best product customer, partner, and collaborator.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts.
* Create, validate and maintain architectural designs to ensure their functionality.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
* Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
* Conduct research on IT products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the enterprise infrastructure industry.
* Execute proof of concept tactical plans.
* Confer with end-users, clients, or business owners to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
* Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
* Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term IT capacity needs.
* Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades. Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
* Must have an in-depth knowledge of network protocol analyzers/sniffers and use in troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL foundations certified.
* Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related field preferred Typically 7 or more years of experience working in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment. Typically 10 or more years of experience in IT with focus on IT procedure and process documentation and execution.