Principal Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a PRINCIPAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Leading a Team of Manufacturing Engineers.
* Leading cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement.
* Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customers expectations.
* Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products.
* Conducting Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable.
* Developing work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
* Participates in new product development projects using the Cobham Lifecycle Management Process to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules.
* Developing and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business.
* Composing Capital Equipment Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
* Training associates as required.
* Minimum 12 years of experience in manufacturing engineering.
* Experience leading manufacturing engineering teams.
* BS in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Aeronautic Engineering or technical discipline.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Strongly Preferred Manufacturing Experience in a Union Environment.
* Strongly Preferred experience with Defense, Military and Boeing Manufacturing Standards.
* Thorough understanding of acceptable rework processes regarding bare metal surfaces, chromate conversion processes, applicant of sealants / adhesives, surface preparation, cleaning chemicals.
* Experience in developing tooling and fixtures focused on the manufacture, protection, and transportation of assemblies.
* Experience using TIPQA and larger commercial ERP Systems.
* Experience writing work instructions for a manufacturing environment.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Scott Pavlick