Principal Mechanical Engineer - Power
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ENGINEER FOR LASTING IMPACT.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit WWW.WORLEYPARSONS.COM TO EXPLORE OUR SUCCESS, EXPERTISE AND GLOBAL REACH.
You will provide mechanical engineering services on large or mega projects to WorleyParsons' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
* Manage mechanical engineering services that meet WorleyParsons', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
* Manage mechanical engineering project requirements.
* Manage mechanical engineering services such as:
* participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures,
* ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes,
* provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
* Act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
* If responsible for a team:
* outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress, and
* ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
* Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its Customer's requirements.
* Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
* If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
* Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
* Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 12 years experience in the Fossil Power Generation industry.
* Experience with all aspects of mechanical equipment procurement, including sizing, selection, specifying, evaluation of bids and vendor document reviews
* Extensive experience with steam cycle design and balance of plant system design from conceptual engineering through construction support, including feasibility analysis, design development, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, system sizing, system descriptions, etc.
* Experience with preparation of man-hours estimate for various engineering tasks.
* Able to work with project engineering to maintain consistency of deliverables, communication among disciplines, and cost/schedule control.
* Accustomed to international work is a plus.
* Proficient in AFT Fathom, Arrow and Impluse software.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS, ACCREDITATION, TRAINING
* A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
* Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
* Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
IF YOU HAVE THE PASSION AND TALENT TO KEEP UP, IT\'S TIME TO TEST THE LIMITS OF WHAT YOU CAN BECOME. FIND YOUR FUTURE WITH WORLEYPARSONS.
WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.