Principal Network Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrincipal Network Architect
Within the GETS organization, this role will be responsible for designing the next generation interconnection fabric for Ethernet and IP services. This organization will be the focal point for interfacing to the industry technology vendors, selecting technology partners and determining the technology road map. It will work with the Interconnection Network Engineering team to ensure that lab evaluation, testing and field verification are completed.
* Architect and develop Layer 2 and Layer 3 interconnection solutions and platforms.
* Analyze and select switching and transport technology options and vendors.
* Develop integrated architecture for the interconnection platforms.
* Provide Support to operations team.
* Provide input to Engineering team on testing and validation in lab and field environment before live network introduction.
* Provide design guidelines, documentation and standard configuration to the global operations team for implementation.
* 8+ years of technical development experience in the high-tech industry in the networking, IT infrastructure and data center design.
* Expertise in creating and launching a technical vision for the organization.
* Strong industry experience and relationships with routing and switching technology vendors and partners.
* Ability and enthusiasm for learning and innovating in routing and switching architectures by leveraging the latest technology and concepts to significantly scale and simplify the platforms.
* Must have experience leading and collaborating with global technical teams across many regions.
* High motivation level and appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements.
* Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
* Significant working experience with Switching and routing technologies and protocols.
* Solid understanding of networks and data center components including, but not limited to: routers, switches, WAN optimization, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Systems Management Tools, Virtualization, Blade-frame architectures, backup systems.
* Experience in the following inter networking technologies IGP (OSPF/ISIS), MBGP/BGP, Multicast, MPLS, L2VPN (VPLS,EVPN), L3VPN(BGP IP-VPN), STP,L2 switching, TCP/IP, IPv6.
* Knowledge of security and enterprise architectures.
* Experience in architecting and building data center fabrics with high availability and high scalability. Solid understanding of cloud service concepts & cloud service infrastructures required.