Principal Product Development Engineer, Temperature Sensors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/11/2017
Temperature Products are responsible for $100M TE Sensors Solutions revenue. The temperature sensors group in Andover, MN is a key location for growing our North America business. Our projects touch many markets including Medical, Military, Aerospace and Industrial. The Principal Product Development Engineer is responsible for customer innovation and relationship development, technical design activities and is a key member of the product development team for Temperature Sensors, North America. This skilled practitioner will have a deep knowledge of temperature sensor technology for flow and level, automotive and semiconductor industries. Ideal candidate is deeply experienced in product and process development and a strong team player, comfortable with best in class project management experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Strong in team work, leading, mentoring people and communication.
* 5 plus years of Customer Interaction and project management experience.
* Experience in fast pace environment in developing product and initial product assembly process development to build quick prototype sample.
* Experience in Phase gate Design & Development process and Process Improvement
* Good technical knowledge in areas directly related to temperature sensing. i.e. Platinum thin film RTD, Lithography, Plating, Etching, NTC, along with other sensing technology
* Good technical knowledge in areas directly related to temp sensor manufacturing. i.e. Laser Welding, Soldering, surface finish, electro plating.
* Good knowledge in Engineering/Quality tools i.e. Failure Analysis, Root Cause, Corrective Action, IQ, OQ, along with newly acquired knowledge in medical devices.
* Black belt Design For Six Sigma (DFSS)
* Expert in Minitab
* Expert in Product Design traceability, Design Verification, Product Validation and MFG Design transfer.
* Expert in regulatory like UL, cUL, CE, FDA, Health of Canada, Military and Aerospace standards.
* 4-years degree or better in Bio-engineering, Mechanical engineering (Specialize in material) with 15 plus year of experience in Temperature sensors technology and process of creating sensor products.