Principal Product Engineer Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
International Management Systems
Seeking a Principal Product Engineer- Software for a Full Time position in the Winona, MN area.
Those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. Not able to sponsor at this time.
Responsible for software tasks and deliverables throughout the entire software lifecycle including, but not limited to requirements, software, design, coding, unit testing and defect resolution.
* Follow a defined software process to ensure best quality and documentation as per SPICE requirements.
* Perform detailed software specification, design and development of complex safety critical features based on system requirements.
* Best practices require adherence to standards for configuration management to create baseline for all major releases.
* Track and resolve all open issues through controlled and standard processes.
* Generate documentation including release notes for all relevant baselines, software development plan, software requirement specifications and software quality assurance plan.
* Follow corporate quality process for documenting embedded code.
* Work with hardware engineers and cross-functional team to debug and validate code.
* Support software integration activities.
* Understand automotive customer requirements, project milestones, technology relevance and capability.
* Generate project timelines and execute plan to established milestones.
* Understand system level requirements driving cost capable component level designs.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
* 7+ years of softwareengineering and design experience developing embedded software for automotive applications
* Demonstrated working knowledge of "C" language
* Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of the cross-functional teams that also includes support globally
* Experience with: Requirements traceability, software configuration management tools, static analysis tools (QAC, Polyspace) MISRA and best coding practices