Principal Project Planner 9/11/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
SPECIALIST (FUNCTIONAL AREA)
Principal Project Planner
Salary commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Capital Programs supports the Capital Improvement Program at UCLA by providing master planning, space planning, financial services, architectural, engineering, project management and construction management services for major construction and major alteration projects with costs in excess of $750,000. The department provides direction to, and manages the efforts of project teams composed of end-users, representatives of other campus support organizations, consulting executive architects, engineers, other planning and design professionals and professional construction managers.
Capital Programs is organized as two major units: Capital Planning and Finance, and Design and Construction. Reporting to the Director of Project Development in the Capital Planning and Finance unit, the Principal Project Planner has primary responsibility for planning major capital improvements projects, programming and space use analysis, and broader campus planning efforts.
For the development of capital projects, the incumbent is accountable for project initiation and feasibility studies, and establishing project scope, budget and schedules for concurrent multiple projects. This position requires liaison with the campus community, building end-users, system-wide administration and regulatory agencies. The Principal Project Planner is responsible for managing the efforts of outside design professionals (architects, engineers, planners and programmers) and various consultants in the development of architectural programs, master plans, sustainability approaches, and concept plans. During the life of the project, the Principal Project Planner will remain a resource to the Design and Construction team and ongoing liaison, as appropriate, with campus clients and Office of the President.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Position requires a Bachelor's degree in planning, architecture, or engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience, and demonstrated professional experience at a similar level of complexity, including responsibility for multiple, major planning projects. Professional registration is preferred.
2. Position requires a minimum of eight years' experience in progressively more responsible positions.
3. Advanced analytical and project management skills.
4. Experience leading projects that include a range of scales and complexity.
5. Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct reports. Skill in making effective oral presentations.
6. Demonstrated computer skills specifically relating to management of project budgets and schedules.
7. Demonstrated graphic skills relating to the preparation of program and space planning documents.
8. Ability to prioritize work by making critical and informed judgments.
9. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization.
10. Ability to organize, facilitate, and expedite the work of others.
11. Knowledge of federal, state and local codes pertaining to design and construction.
12. Knowledge of construction principles and regulations.
13. Ability to apply relevant law, UC policy, and campus policy to the execution of major capital improvement projects.
14. Ability to read and comprehend legal and technical documents.
15. Ability to draft legal documents for review by counsel.
16. Ability to prepare program descriptions, agreements, budgets and schedules.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Position is subject to University Conflict of Interest Code required by the Political Reform Act of 1974. Candidate selected will be required to complete financial statements for public record.
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results