Principal QA Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOptomi in partnership with our client, a market leader in infrastructure, cloud, converged, and virtualization solutions, is looking for a Principal QA Automation Engineer to join their fast growing team here in the Richardson office!
WHAT THE RIGHT PERSON WILL ENJOY!
* An innovative working atmosphere
* Competitive pay, Dynamic work environment where change and a fast pace are the norm - not an exception
* Fast growing company
* Niche product and is cutting edge and a market leader
The QA automation engineer will be a hands-on technical person responsible for automation of applications using Selenium. Under general direction, debugs complex software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. Design, code and execute automated test scripts. Prepare reports and documentation updates. Technical consulting on automation issues, tools and processes. May take part in researching best practices, new tools and technology. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development Engineers in resolution of problems.
* Understand the application concepts and flow in order to identify the re-usable key components for automation purposes.
* Ability to quickly understand and design automation framework as per the application need.
* Suggest or recommend appropriate automation framework changes that best suites the application under automation.
* Create & execute automated scripts/components using Selenium
* Review scripts created by peers and suggest appropriate changes for code optimization.
* Document automation creation procedures as and when necessary.
* Work with other automation onshore/offshore team members to achieve common automation goal/vision.
* Support project related automation activities for onshore/offshore project teams.
APPLY IF YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
* Strong Selenium experience writing complex functions, components using Java
* Proficiency in use of Java. & Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
* Should have a strong Descriptive programming experience and not exactly record-playback techniques
* Experience with Geb/Spock framework
* Demonstrated knowledge of various automation frameworks depending on the type of application being automated.
* Experience with GIT source code repository tool.
* Automation Frameworks Approach (Data Driven ,Key Word ,TDD + BDD)
* Should know Page Object Model
* Hands on Unit Testing Framework (JUnit /TestNg)
* Proficiency in use of PL/SQL or SQL related tools.
* Strong understanding of the full software development life cycle in multiple environments.
* Strong interpersonal & analytical skills with proven ability to work independently as well as with a broad range of personality styles and types.
* Ability to quickly gain an understanding of a business and applications.
* Manual testing of web based applications hosted on UNIX/Linux operating systems with in-depth debugging skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Software Development Background in Java and Web Based technologies.
* Performance testing experience using any industry standard tools would be a plus
* Hands on experience with Agile Methodology would be a plus
* Hands on experience using Mongo DB
* Experience with JMeter
* Experience in creating data driven performance scripts for Angular UI / Rest Services.
* Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.