Principal Research Associate, Antibody Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Principal Research Associate, Antibody Engineer
Moderna seeks a highly skilled and motivated Principal Research Associate, Antibody Engineer to be involved in the technical support of protein engineering and early discovery for novel applications of Moderna s mRNA technology platform. The position will support antibody/biologic protein discovery programs within New Venture Labs. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capacity to function in a fast-paced environment on cross-functional teams, the level of the position will be commensurate with capabilities.
* Develop in vitro/ cell-based assays
* Responsible and accountable for the execution of well-controlled in vitro/ex vivo experiments and for communicating experimental findings in a timely fashion (Powerpoint)
* Assist in study designs and in vivo work on a per request basis
* Thrive in a collaborative environment and seek/provide help and support from/to other members of the Moderna team across venture/non venture boundaries
* Performance of in vitro binding assays ie: ELISA, FACS, luciferase, Western blotting, cell proliferation
* Protein-protein binding assays such as OCTET, Biacore or other methods to determine Ab affinity.
* Protein expression, purification and characterization.
* Mammalian cell culture.
* General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
* Closely collaborate with other members within the research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
* Record and communicate findings
* BS with 3 years of experience in biology, biochemistry, or other related discipline
* Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture (cell lines and primary cells) and transfection for protein production
* Hands on experience with cell-based assays
* Lab experience in small scale protein purification techniques, including affinity and SEC
* Lab experience with ELISA
* Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
* Experience with FACS, cell culture
* Experience with either OCTET and/or Biacore
* Understanding of molecular biology techniques
* 3 years industrial experience Preferred Experience: 8 + years in a cGMP laboratory with focus in microbiology
* Preferred Knowledge: rapid microbiological methods, LIMS
* Preferred Skills: microbial identifications
* Expertise in industry standards and guidelines, including USP/EP compendia testing requirements
* A proven track record of supporting the implementation of environmental monitoring programs
* Multiple laboratory research techniques
* Operates independently
* Ability to carry multiple experimental avenues in parallel
* Ability to interact with program teams
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
* Goal orientation
* Ability to adapt to change