Principal Software Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Boston Children's Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Information Services Department, and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
THE PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Providing architecture and design for new and existing software projects, including deployment architecture and integration design for vendor systems
* Ensuring high quality delivery of computing platforms and services, including scalability, reliability, and performance tuning across a range of applications, both internal and external facing
* Providing direction and guidance in software quality control, including code and design reviews, testing plans, quality coverage and analysis, and performance testing and tuning
* Defining development, design, and deployment standards for internally developed software
* Providing accurate work assessments and project estimates to management for use in resource planning and delivery management
* Communicating effectively with other technical teams, ranging from network, telecom, and infrastructure teams, to department specific development teams and third party vendor consultants and support staff
* Eliciting requirements from stakeholders on new initiatives in conjunction with Business Analysts to ensure delivered solutions meet the need and match the expectations of end users
* Designing, building, integrating, and supporting technical solutions in both clinical and non-clinical domains
* Translating strategic direction from upper management into actionable technical goals
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST HAVE
* 10+ years of software development experience, including at least 3years of enterprise class systems development (Java preferred)
* 5+ years experience in UML modeling
* 5+ years database development/design experience (Oraclepreferred)
* 3+ years experience developing Web Services
* Strong knowledge of Java-based web application frameworks (Spring, Struts, JSF, etc)
* Strong knowledge of JEE platform and APIs (EJB3, JPA, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JTA, JMS)
* Familiarity with Agile development processes, Scrum process in particular
* Strong working knowledge of JEE applications servers (JBoss preferred)
* Solid knowledge of ESB technologies and SOA principles and design concepts
* Practical knowledge of design patterns and their applications within complex systems
* Understanding of software security principles and design
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts
* Strong mentoring skills
MODERN HEALTHCARE IS COMPLEX, AND EFFECTIVE USE OF TECHNOLOGY IS CRITICAL TO DELIVERING HIGH QUALITY CARE. THE PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT WILL HELP SHAPE THE TECHNICAL DIRECTION UNDERLYING OUR WORLD CLASS PEDIATRIC CARE.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Flexible schedule (if applicable). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.