Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) 9/10/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY #LI-SS1
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding team of engineers developing products for the leading Cable providers of the world. Arris Workforce Management products are used to manage tens of thousands of technicians worldwide on a daily basis, and are considered mission critical systems for our customers operations. In this role, you will develop customer-facing cloud-deployed software products that save our customers millions of dollars.
You will be a key member of a product development team consisting of product developers, quality engineers, product managers, and customer application experts charted with rapid development of mobile workforce management software. Were looking for a hands-on leader with a proven ability to define and implement test automation for SaaS products deployed in a cloud infrastructure.
* Specify, create, and develop tools and automation for enterprise class mobile and web applications.
* Working with architects and lead engineers, implement an automation process/framework within the organization to perform functionality, performance, and scalability testing.
* Train other SQA team members to leverage the tests and framework.
* Provide technical leadership for the SDET effort within the organization.
* Create integration and unit tests for mobile, desktop, and web services.
* Perform exploratory testing to support the overall quality efforts of the team
* Resolve technical problems and provide engineering support to assess customer needs and solve field issues.
* Conduct technical presentations/demonstrations as necessary.
* Participate in source code control and software release activities
* Perform other duties as required.
Strong server side C# experience required.
Experience in web test automation required.
Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in a SDET role required.
Strong object-oriented design and coding skills required.
Solid understanding of unit and integration testing techniques and methods required.
Experience working in Agile development environments required.
Effective communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
Experience with Microsoft .NET, Coded UI, Selenium desired.
REST, JSON, and IIS experience desired
SQL database query and sproc experience desired.
Experience with Microsoft Azure desired.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science (or equivalent experience) and 8 years of software engineering experience including team lead experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.