Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Join our Mobile team intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart things .
Join our Enterprise team great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join our Imaging team greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
* Developing connections to varied clinical systems to obtain data and transforming that data into meaning, via natural language processing and complex visualizations.
* Working with a distributed team to deliver high-quality code that provides a well-designed user experience. Must value well-tested code and contribute to development of unit, functional, and integration tests.
* Assisting our support teams in resolving complex customer issues and our clinical-knowledge teams in translating their vision into product.
* Contribute to the engineering team with novel ideas and approaches that make the product more valuable to end users.
* Ability to work independently in a distributed team, while effectively communicating with fellow engineers and other teams.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10
* At least 10 years of experience in software development.
* Strong background in full-stack Python web development, having built complex applications in Django or Flask. Ideally with knowledge of Celery, SQLAlchemy, NLTK, scikit-learn, and unittest.
* Thorough knowledge of SQL, database design, and database performance for large datasets, ideally in PostgreSQL. Experience working with SQL Server & Oracle is a plus.
* Thorough understanding of HTTP, REST, and scalable web architecture.
* Strong skillset developing on Linux, using git or mercurial.
* Ability to develop code for cross-platform deployments is a plus.
* Background in natural language processing, text search, data science, statistics, and/or visualization is a plus.
* Experience working with healthcare data & protocols (e.g. HL7) is a major plus. Prior experience with Radiology vendors also a plus.
* Understanding of Agile software development methodology
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.