Principal Software Engineer, Information Protection Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEAM OVERVIEW
The Appliance Solutions (AS) organization is changing the backup and recovery game for customers built on industry-leading backup software, our appliances address the technical complexities of modern data protection and optimized secondary storage for companies of all sizes.
One of the fastest-growing organizations within Veritas, Appliance Solutions is in the business of solving customer problems better than anyone else. The engineering, product management, program and operations management, and manufacturing functions work cross-functionally with other business units to help deliver on Veritas s product roadmap. Entrepreneurial in nature, the team s scrappy, get-it-done attitude and culture of open, transparent communication and collaboration are the core values that drive its success.
The Appliance Solutions team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who take a full-tilt approach to their work and careers. We are currently seeking top tier software engineers to join our team and develop next generation products and features for our loyal customer base. We operate in a fully Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
Our challenge is solving customers information management needs while also lowering the cost of ownership through an integrated solution that is easy to use. Our solutions will expose you to industry trends like data growth, virtualization, containerization, and telemetry analytics.
* Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
* Responsible for design, implementation, test, automating and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
* Strives daily to increase the code coverage numbers for test code
* Able to work in various layers of the software stack
* Participates in peer reviews
* Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
* Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
* Lead or participate in a scrum team to continuously improve
* 8+ years experience with advanced knowledge of the required programming languages (JAVA preferred)
* Excellent software engineering skills are a must, as you ll be working with some of the best in the industry
* Strong development experience with RESTFUL API s, OOD/OOP and multi-threaded application development (using ENTERPRISE JAVA and SPRING FRAMEWORK is a plus)
* Experience with PYTHON, PERL or a scripting language
* Experience developing highly secure, scalable, Internet facing solutions
* Development and performance experience with DATABASE like Oracle, SQL.
* Experience working on FILE SYSTEMS around compression, encryption and security.
* Experience programming on Linux platform
* Outstanding debug/problem-solving and organizational skills
* A fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Excellent working in a collaborative team environment
* Strong team lead and mentor for junior team members
* Degree in Computer Science (Masters preferred) or equivalent experience required
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing is a plus
* Experience in user interface development using ANGULAR JS and HTML5 is a plus
* Knowledge of Networking and Storage a plus
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure design a plus
* Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.