Principal Software Engineer (Java)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
San Diego, CA
2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Have a career you re passionate about but tired of too many cars, congested freeways, under-serving public transportation, and a lack of information on mass transit? Do you have the desire to figure out how to get where you want to go faster, easier, cheaper? Now is your chance to make a difference!
Cubic is looking for software engineers with imagination and drive to realize the promise of intelligent transportation. We integrate not only today s technologies but tomorrow s vision with modern engineering process and discipline to deliver cost effective solutions to regional transportation providers. Intelligent travel demands actionable data and infrastructure to enable informed choices about what mode of travel to use at a particular time, including mobile apps and other wireless devices. The future of transportation management is here and it s mobile and wireless.
Perform complex software engineering duties using own initiative, following established standards and procedures, and working closely with other engineering disciplines. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work as a member of an Agile software development team
* Productions of use case, requirements, code, unit test and documentation artifacts.
* Performs system analysis.
* Stays on the cutting edge of Java technologies, and researches how new technologies can enhance our Java SaaS system
* Research technologies, develop prototypes, and provide technology and design and best practice recommendations for review by the Architecture team
* Participation in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities
* Prepare design documentation for peer review
* Implement and document assigned software capabilities
* Provide feedback during design and code peer reviews
* Adhere to software team's established processes and tools
* May work at times as a member of an Agile software development team, and will participate in sprint planning and estimating
* Maintain awareness of deadlines and priorities
* Monitors project status and progress
* Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools
* Show commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
* Engage in continuous self-improvement of technical and communication skills
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.