Principal Software Engineer 9/1/2016
Toshiba America Business Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is seeking a PRINCIPAL ENGINEER FOR SOFTWARE to lead a development team working on the next generation of MFP product.
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be instrumental in leading the SW design for MFP devices. Software design from lower level driver interface to system software that support Scan, Print, Fax and Copy functions. The ideal candidate is someone who has in depth knowledge of designing and development of embedded systems as it relates to MFP. As a valuable member of a team, you will be contributing to the overall success of the product delivery. This position is with the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division of Toshiba.
* Architecting, Design, Develop and Deliver top notch real time embedded devices.
* Trade-off analysis between cost and design and lowest TCO.
* Create and document engineering design and specifications.
* Collaborate closely with worldwide development site.
* Understand technical requirements and provide engineering estimates.
* Mentor engineering staff.
* Communicate status and identify project risks to the project team.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer ScienceEngineering or related fields.
* Minimum 10years applicable engineeringexperience with a background in product development, leading to successful product launch.
* 5+ years' experience in software/firmware development of MFP products.
* 7+ years of C/C++ experience.
* 7+ years of various real time operating systems.
* Linux OS experience is desirable.
* Eclipse of other IDE environment is desirable.
* Experience with working with network stack.
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
* Deep understanding of the MFP and networking experience.
* Ability to travel overseas.
At Toshiba, we are focused on helping business better control their productivity and profitability by delivering innovative imaging and retail solutions and services. We understand delivering great products alone is not enough, so we use human innovation to help solve our customer's business challenges.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. was formed in October 1999 as an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the eighth largest integrated electronic and electric equipment company in the world with more than 200,000 employees globally and more than $63 billion in annual sales.
Toshiba's technological heritage spans more than a century. Toshiba dedicates more than $4 billion of its annual revenue to research and development, which has contributed to the success of the company's digital imaging solutions products. Consistently recognized for innovation, quality and technological excellence, Toshiba has garnered more than 200 industry awards and product recommendations including being a thirteen-time winner of BTA's "Most Favored Manufacturer" and an eight-time winner of Marketing Research Consultant's "Copier Manufacturer of the Year" award.