Principal CRM Software Engineer (MS Dynamics)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
San Diego, CA
2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs complex software engineering tasks. Acts as a senior technical consultant or project leader and as a liaison with other departments, divisions and organizations. Act as a leader in the design, implementation, and debugging of complete systems, with a focus on program or project level architecture. Provides technical direction to research, design, develop and test engineering activities. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Reviews project progress and evaluates results. Estimates costs, schedules and manpower, and provides technical direction for proposal efforts. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Contribute to the evaluation and improvement of best practices and standards in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems, configuration, build and release management, and testing of software for designated products and/or customer applications.
* Participate in sprint planning, revise and update programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones, help manage backlogs and manage teams.
* Contribute to program and project level technical design and architecture discussions and provide feedback on Technical Design Documents,
* Independently implement, debug, and document advanced sections of code and systems, develop software requirements, related design, and code and develop new technologies and systems.
* Contribute to evaluations and improvement of best practices in both process and standards and recommend value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
* Perform code reviews and work with other engineers on reviewing code.
* Engage in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
* Maintains state-of-the-art awareness in areas of technical expertise - changes, advancements and improvements. Applies expertise to all areas of software engineering and development.
* Assess severity of problems, determine corrective action, resolve technical problems, perform fault isolation and implement solutions to aid in the finding and fixing of critical issues in all programs and projects.
* Define and execute cohesive software test methods and procedures across programs or projects.
* Communicate complex ideas, concepts, and processes effectively with other engineers and management.
* Perform interviews and give feedback on interview candidates.
* Mentor engineers at all levels.
* Review and write technical user stories.
* Participate in project/game design.
* Ensures components of project architecture mesh well and have coherent design.
* Follow company engineering practices and policies on the project.
* Contributes project specific standards
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as necessary.
* Serves as team lead and assumes additional technical and leadership responsibilities as needed to solve engineering problems or develop improved engineering processes
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience, plus eight years professional computer programming experience or equivalent proficiency.
* Expert proficiency in software engineering skills including knowledge of requirements, analysis and design, implementation, debugging, testing and documentation.
* MS Dynamics experience strongly preferred. Pivotal CRM 5.9 & 6.x a plus
* Demonstrable ability and knowledge of at least five or more software engineering specialization skills including, but not limited, to the following categories: Automated Testing, Build/Configuration Management, Database, Information Assurance and Security, Container Deployment, Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing, Software as a Service, Multi-Tenant, Multithreading, Performance Tuning and Optimization, Tools Development, Unit Testing, User Interface Design and Implementation.
* Must have demonstrable ability in both verbal and written communication.
* Must have ability to perform technical writing in order to describe software requirements and design specifications.
* Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must have good interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
* Must have expert knowledge of software engineering processes.
* Must have experience as a team member on three or more full software life cycles.
* Demonstrable ability to contribute knowledge about external software engineering practice changes and industry advancements.
* Must have demonstrable ability to mentor engineers of all levels.