Principal Software Engineer eCommerce 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER ECOMMERCE
We are looking for an API Administrator as a Principal Software Engineer to join the next generation global commerce platform team. To be part of this high achieving team, you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, be a self- motivated achiever and be excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar. You will work with both the business and engineering teams to innovate and deliver. You will be work on cutting edge technologies in a fast paced agile environment that offers plenty of opportunities to fail and learn.
Our vision is to bring world-class e-Commerce expertise not only to Staples.com but also to our other web businesses in North America and globally across 26 countries.
* Partner with engineering groups and leadership to define API configuration and maintenance practices such as versioning.
* Formulate the API governance framework by partnering with engineering leaders.
* Evaluate API management tools by performing proofs of concept.
* Ensure that API use and flows are well documented, accurate and consistent.
* Collaborate with the SRE group to ensure that API operational requirements are supported.
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Math or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of total experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience on Java/Spring for large customer facing web properties.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing external/internal facing REST APIs with JSON/XML based payloads.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience using cloud PaaS technologies such as AWS or Rackspace.
* Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to organize unstructured information and attention to detail.
* Strong understanding of application security standards and best practices.
* Strong knowledge of API operationalization.
* Strong knowledge of REST architectural style and web standards such as JSON.
* Strong knowledge of annotation based API modelling languages such as Swagger, YAML or RAML.
* Master's in Computer Science, Math or related field.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with installing, configuring and maintaining APIGEE or a similar API management solution.
* Experience with application security technologies such as OAuth2.
* Experience securing, optimizing, monitoring and testing enterprise APIs.
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. _
***SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION***