Principal Solutions Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE DESCRIPTION:
The Solution specialist would be responsible for hands on implementation of InfoScale/Storage solutions using InfoScale products. The product specialist is typically the on-site technical lead for the implementation of the solution.
* Implementing new InfoScale environments and upgrades. Experience with INFOSCALE 6.X AND 7.X REQUIRED
* Implementing VVR (Veritas Volume Replication)
* Implementing CFS (cluster file systems)
* Implementing agents database
* Implementing ViOM (Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager)
* Troubleshooting and configuring Veritas products
* Develop processes and procedures around Infrastructure capabilities
* May perform client management, project management, team management, and financial management responsibilities
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* 8+ years of working experience with InfoScale solution products such as VCS, ViOM, CFS, GCO, VVR, Storage Foundation features, etc.
* 8+ years of working with the following:
* OS Red Hat Linux, SuSe Linux, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Unix, WIN 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, HPUX, AIX
* Scripting UNIX Shell (ksh, bash, sh & csh), awk, Perl, C+, C++, SQL
* SOFTWARE INFOSCALE 6.X AND 7.X, VMWARE
* Storage Tape devices and SAN (EMC - Clariion, Symetrix, Data Domain, NetApp, Hitachi, IBM Sharks, etc)
* Databases Oracle, Sybase, Informix, DB2, Informatica
ITIL V3, InfoScale 6.X 7.X experience; Storage Foundation certifications; VTSP, VCP, SNIA.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.