Principal Stress Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a PRINCIPAL STRESS ANALYST that will be responsible for stress analysis on aerial refueling equipment and/or aircraft LRUs. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Responsible for stress analysis on aerial refueling equipment and/or aircraft LRUs.
* Conducts and directs various types of analysis including static, dynamic, and fatigue.
* Work with 3rd party stress analysis providers to coordinate and approve off-site analytical efforts.
* Presents results in a clear concise manor to internal and external customers.
* Works with Design Engineers to optimize designs.
* Participates responsibly on production and material review board.
* Organizational skills and ability prioritize daily activities to meet department and program objectives.
* Very good written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical requirements and reports.
* Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
* 8 years experience in stress analysis on aerospace structures.
* 2 years in a lead or Supervisory role.
* 3 years experience with Nastran/Patran analysis software usage on aerospace structures.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
* Experience or familiarity with MIL-STD-1798 approach to showing structural robustness of aircraft equipment.
* Experience with full scale testing and or correlation techniques.
* Experience with Dynamic and vibration analysis.
* Experience with ANSYS workbench.
* Experience conducting and coaching on non-routine complex analyses.
* Experience in a variety of analyses including static, dynamic, loads, fluid flow, thermal, heat transfer, etc.
* Proficiency in 3D CAD platform.
* Current or past US DOD Security Clearance.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Lorie Warren