Principal Subcontracts Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONMIT Lincoln Laboratory is a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) chartered to develop advanced technology in support of national security. Research and development activities focus on long-term technology development as well as rapid system prototyping and demonstration. These efforts are aligned within key mission areas, including air and missile defense; space control; homeland protection and tactical systems; biological-chemical defense; communication and information technology; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems and technology; and advanced electronics technology. The Laboratory works with government and industry to transition new concepts, technology and prototypes into future system development and deployment.
The Contracting Services Department is seeking a Principal Subcontracts Administrator with a minimum of five (5) – seven (7) years of experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain to include working knowledge of the FAR/DFARs, sourcing, pricing, negotiation, awarding and documenting purchases for materials and services. Bid/proposal activities include RFI's and RFQ's. The candidate will execute purchase orders and modifications to orders as well as provide professional & courteous customer service to clients via phone and email interaction. Candidate will support internal clients by providing complete, accurate and current information on products and services, pricing and availability. Demonstrated experience soliciting and analyzing quotations; negotiating terms and conditions of purchases; work with shoppers and vendors to solve problems with shipments, defective items and expedition of orders; along with preparing all correspondence and documentation necessary to secure government consent, and other duties as assigned.
• BS or MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of Purchasing experience required; DoD Contracts experience a plus
• Professional certification in Purchasing or Government Contracting is preferred
• Experience with acquisition of complex commercial purchases preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• SAP procurement experience highly desirable as well as on-line PO documentation tools
• Candidate should have the ability to negotiate favorable pricing and terms and conditions
• Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government DoD security clearance required
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information. U.S. Citizenship is required.