Principal Systems Engineer - Shared Storage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description (Role Profile)
About the Team:
The Systems Engineering Team acts as the technical experts in Customer Success for our Avid Video Solutions. They work closely with their respective Development teams in Engineering as well as the CS Support team members in both a proactive and reactive capacity.
About the Job:
* Travel, sometimes on short notice, is a requirement in order to solve some technical issues as well as work closely with the customer.
* This position will include the troubleshooting of Avid Media Composer and other Avid products. The ideal candidate has proven troubleshooting and debugging skills, good communication, and customer-facing skills. Versatility and technical breadth is a strong differentiator.
* This position involves being the first point of Escalation for critical customer issues into engineering and responsible for reproducing, prioritizing, consulting, troubleshooting and training.
* Experienced Avid product/solution troubleshooter wanted to be part of the Systems Engineering Team as a liaison between World Wide Customer Success and Engineering for Storage and Networking issues.
* Troubleshoot problems reported from the field and internally into Customer Success
* Perform preliminary debug analysis using available tools and also assist in the assessment of new tools where there are none today.
* Must be on-call for Code Blues and Escalations.
* Root cause and reproduce difficult technical problems and bugs.
* Ensure that Root cause analysis gets rolled up and back to Product Teams by Segment/Area.
* Monthly Reporting and Analysis of Escalations
* Day to Day coordination & Communication of Escalation Status (Code Blues and other new Escalations)
* Interface directly with Engineering Development, Customer Support, and Customers as well as peers.
* Document and disseminate technical information and training to Avid Personnel worldwide.
* Feedback supportability issues to Program groups and developers, providing suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
* Also provide information on how to improve reliability, usability, and overall robustness into the products.
* Regular meetings with the Product Champions to provide input into Product Backlog requirements
* Setup and Maintain Systems Eng lab equipment
Other duties as Assigned Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree in Film, Video, or Communications/Media or computer science, or equivalent required
* Five years or more of practical experience in a video production environment required; Avid experience required. Must have Avid editing experience and industry experience
* Strong troubleshooting experience and methodology with Mac or PC software and hardware with Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac OS 10 required. Familiarity with Linux desired.
* Networking competencies and experience required.
* Technical proficiency with Avid ISIS
* Graphics, Multimedia or Internet experience required
* Experience in a corporate technical support or help desk environment desired.
* Strong "Customer Service" orientation. Excellent technical, writing and problem-solving skills.
* Experience authoring Technical and User Documentation
* Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to multi-task.
* Must be self-motivated, energetic, positive, and share our desire/commitment to service customers to the fullest.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools , Media Composer , Nexis , Interplay , and Sibelius . Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy , and 14 Emmys .
Avid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.