Principal Systems Engineer - Storage 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER - STORAGE
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The Big Data infrastructure that enables this innovation and value is evolving to fully embrace lights-out operations, single-click deploy to tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
Salesforce is building out our Data Platform and Services team to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
SOME ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
* Eat, sleep, and breathe infrastructure services that deliver consistency across thousands of nodes
* Excited by building and operating reliable, self-healing infrastructure services on unreliable hardware.
* Familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design
* 5+ years of experience in systems engineering in large scale Linux/UNIX data center environments
* 5+ years experience in Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other language
* Experience with dev-ops for automating and improving the operability of large clusters
* Solid understanding of security infrastructure such as Kerberos, LDAP, NIS, etc.
* Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Fabric is a nice to have
* Experience delivering on strategic initiatives effectively in a fast paced environment while supporting day-to-day issues
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
* Experience with distributed storage
* Expertise in live site operations for HBase, Hadoop clusters at scale
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.