Principal Systems Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/25/2017
San Jose, CA
Principal System Test Engineer for Calix. Required technical leadership, program management and in-depth knowledge of L2/L3 Routing and Broadband networking products. Capable of leading multiple system test engineering team from conception, development and test to customers deployment. Long-term, proven record of creating new technology and producing intellectual property.
Considered Subject Matter Expert for abstract engineering principles, theories and concepts. Recognized as an authority in field of engineering externally, excellent in design, development test cases, execute tests and produce automated regression test scripts using Calix Automated Framework Environment. * Leading Automated Test Development through Agile Development Method.
* Participate in the development of the test strategy and create test cases for assigned features.
* Evaluate hardware and software features by documenting, automating and executing feature and system level test cases.
* Perform regression testing on new software and hardware.
* Perform scalability tests and evaluate compliance to specifications.
* Develop and execute tests to validate customer use cases.
* Work closely with product development teams to understand testing requirements and provide feedback on the architecture and designs.
* Reproduce field issues and validate their resolution.
* Use traffic generators for video, data and voice related testing.
* Perform and analyze data packet captures.
* Perform hands-on troubleshooting and debugging of issues.
* Travel to major customers' labs to assist with early field trials and deployments
* Collaborate closely with local and remote Program Management, Development Engineers, Test engineers and Product Marketing engineers at all Calix sites.
* 15+ years of experience in a telecommunication centric test environment.
* 10+ years of experience with data communications or telecommunications product testing in one or more of the following areas: Broadband, Ethernet, XDSL, MoCA, HPNA, Wireless, RSTP, BGP, G.8032 as well as , WLAN (802.11), , TR69, Video, L2 and L3 Routing protocols.
* 10+ years of experience developing automation using one or more of the following languages: Python, TCL, Perl, Ruby, Java, C, C++
* Experience with packet capture tools (wireshark, tcpdump), iperf, wireline simulators, traffic generators and other networking test and evaluation tools.
* Knowledge Carrier Ethernet, PPP, PPPoA VLANs, QoS, ATM
* Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, SIP, RTP, UPNP.
* MSCS, MSEE or equivalent.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
* Must be detail-oriented and proactively communicate status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.