Principal Tax Attorney
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Support key strategic corporate initiatives by driving tax conclusions in support of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions and related integration projects, legal entity simplification, and other matters.
Support key transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions: Conduct due diligence, review transaction documents, develop and implement planning opportunities, and conduct factual and legal research in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. Drive related integration projects from a tax perspective.
Support legal entity rationalization efforts globally: Support cross-functional team to develop, review and implement strategies to streamline the legal entity structure.
Support tax planning strategies: Working with the Director of Tax Controversy and Commercial Support, develop and implement strategies to minimize federal, state and sometimes foreign taxes in support of strategic initiatives. Coordinate with other functional groups, including the offices of the Controller, Treasurer and the General Counsel, as well as business units and outside counsel and advisors. Must be capable of clear written and verbal communications of direction, issues and results within and outside Corporate Tax.
Assist Director of Tax Controversy and Commercial Support with all other projects as needed: Examples include quarterly financial audit deliverables, review of client and supply chain contracts and IRS audit support, as needed.
J.D., with excellent academic credentials and at least 5 years' experience in corporate tax, preferably with US multinational corporations; experience with a major law or Big Four accounting firm is preferred. LL.M. in Tax is also preferred, which counts as one year's experience.
* - Current Virginia bar admission, or intent to gain Virginia bar admission on accepting employment.
* -CPAs with similar credentials are also viable candidates.
* -Use of online research tools and Microsoft Office applications.
* -Strong skills in the following: tax technical expertise, analysis and problem solving, drafting and editing, and written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* -Flexibility and determination to drive results in complex transactions
* -Project management skills
* -Strong aptitude for reviewing, interpreting and analyzing financial statements and other books and records
* - Planning and organizational skills to drive projects and balance and prioritize work
* -Good human relations skills
* - Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred
* Ten or more years of tax accounting or finance experience
* Experience working with tax laws; may include domestic and international
* Experience working with tax forms and processing
* Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases
* Experience working with auditing and generally accepted accounting principles