Principal, Transactional Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRINCIPAL, TRANSACTIONAL CONTROL
Location: Marlborough or Boston
Minimum Experience: 10-12Years
The Principal, Transactional Control is a senior position responsible for guiding the continuous development of our client's transaction processing capabilities to create efficiencies and ensure that we can provide our investors with timely and accurate positions, market values and cash balances to be incorporated into their investment decisions. Specific responsibilities will include:
* Maintain a thorough understanding through daily oversight of all primary Transactional Control workflows including FX reconciliation and execution, cash processing, overdraft monitoring, custodian capstock feeds monitoring, expense processing etc.
* Strategically review our transaction processing capabilities and make recommendations on areas where we need additional development
* Lead and participate in both small and large initiatives related to cash management including the processing of cash flows/capstock transactions and foreign exchange (FX) transactions
* Work with key partners across the firm to assess non-working currency balance related processes and help develop new workflows to more efficiently manage cash balances and provide appropriate transparency to investors
* Assess and create control reports to allow for efficient and independent workflow management
The successful candidate for this role must have a college degree and a minimum of 10years of experience in the financial services industry with working knowledge of investment, and custodian bank, cash management. An advanced degree or CFA is a plus. Other important qualifications and experience would include:
* Extensive custody and accounting / recordkeeping experience
* Knowledge of foreign exchange transactions and their impact on recordkeeping
* Solid understanding of investment management operations and support practices
* Broad knowledge of capital markets
* Proven track record of initiating and managing change utilizing strong business judgment, risk analysis skills and risk mitigation techniques
* Demonstrate strong business judgment, including the ability to synthesize multiple complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives