Principal UX Researcher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004303
We are looking for researcher with a track record of influencing design and business strategy with actionable research programs that address complex user experience and product definition questions. You will be expected to have an expert grasp of formative and summative user research techniques and/or product marketing research approaches (from concept testing and feature/value tradeoffs to pricing and satisfaction). You will be asked to provide strategy and planning support as well as to socialize research initiatives and recommendations throughout the organization, including at the executive level. You will work closely with designers, developers, product managers, and sales teams to translate insights into industry-leading experiences.
You will be asked to mentor junior staff, set best practices, and design research programs to help our teams get a deeper understanding of user and/or market behavior. Strong information visualization and storytelling skills (in addition to research skills) are key in this role.
* Apply experience, knowledge of social science, design, and ecommerce best practices to identify both tactical and programmatic research needs. Define testable hypotheses that are relevant to the business and design approaches to addressing general user experience and product marketing questions.
* Collect research data using a broad range of methods (e.g. moderating interviews, usability, focus groups, contextual evaluations, diary studies; design and program surveys) directly, in collaboration with other research staff, or using vendors
* Present findings and implications (from a single study or a combination of multiple studies and/or data sources) to stakeholder audience. Actively looking for ways to share insights with a broader internal audience.
* Work closely with various stakeholders (e.g. product, design, development) to influence strategy and produce high quality, innovative designs that leverage research insights
* Be a customer advocate, with a familiarity of competitive experiences and ESI research findings that you are able to apply toward expert evaluation of internal products and ensuring teams have a clear picture of the end users of the experience
* Mentor junior team members
* Investigate and socialize new technology, processes, and/or research approaches. Lead this initiative within the research team or ESI as a whole (e.g. accessibility, product market research, usability best practices)
* Bachelor s degree required, grad preferred
* 8-12 years of relevant work experience
* Proficient in MS Office suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* strong written and verbal communication skills for research communication and design recommendations
Do you have the desire to work on the next generation of healthcare initiatives with a top company? You can bring order to the chaos, helping people manage their medical challenges for themselves and their loved ones. The UX (User Experience) team here at ESI is a multi-talented team of individuals whose skills range from conceptual design to contextual research. We are a passionate bunch of highly skilled UX specialists with expertise in design, taxonomy, content, front-end development and usability. Our focus is building an amazing healthcare ecosystem, by defining and creatively addressing the needs of our clients, doctors and patients. You could be one of us!
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.