Principal Water/Wastewater Treatment Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with WorleyParsons.
*ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES TO ATLANTA, GA
You will provide piping engineering services on large or mega projects to WorleyParsons' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the piping engineering team.
* Manage piping engineering services that meet WorleyParsons', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
* Manage piping engineering project requirements.
* Manage piping engineering services such as:
* participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures,
* ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes,
* provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
* Act as the piping engineering Lead on specific projects.
* If responsible for a team:
* outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress, and
* ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
* Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its Customer's requirements.
* Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
* If required, assist and support junior personnel within the piping engineering team.
* Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
* Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
1. 12 years experience in water and wastewater treatment and chemical feed systems for fossil power generation and industrial facilities.
2. Experience includes detailed system engineering and design, engineering and process calculations and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) development.
3. Participate in proposals preparation and man-hours estimate development.
4. Capable of developing water balances and modeling water and wastewater systems.
5. Prepare technical specifications, data sheets, technical evaluations for the design and procurement of water and wastewater systems.
6. Performed studies and evaluations of existing water and wastewater treatment systems and their capabilities to meet new plant water quality requirements and system upgrades.
7. Professional Engineer Registration is preferred.
8. Accustomed to international work is a plus.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS, ACCREDITATION, TRAINING
* Mechanical engineering degree or similar discipline
* Professional Engineer (PE) status.
* Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
OUR GOAL IS TO DEVELOP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY RETAIN THE PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VISION AND STRATEGY. TO HELP US ACHIEVE OUR VISION AND YOURS, APPLY NOW.
WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.