Principal eCommerce Solutions Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Mattel/Global Information Technology
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Mattel has an opening in our IT Department for a Principal eCommerce Solutions Architect. This individual specializes in the technical development and testing of robust and scalable e-commerce applications and integrations. Our goal is to build an unparalleled omni-channel web and mobile shopping experience for our customers across all of our brands and businesses. The position plays a key role in architecting solutions to deliver applications and services that support that goal in a reliable, scalable and performance-sensitive manner.
The Principal Solutions Architect partners with the technical teams (in-house / outsourced) in building next-generation e-commerce experiences with a focus on application performance and user experience. Architects and develops integrations with other internal and external partners that support ecommerce functions for the organization.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
* 10+ years in software development and design of Java/J2EE Applications, including high volume / transactional enterprise systems.
* 7+ years of experience in system design and architecture.
* 5+ years of experience managing enterprise e-commerce platforms (preferably IBM WebSphere) with significant traffic / transaction volumes and load.
* 3+ years domain experience in Retail, CRM, and/or Digital Media.
* Expert understanding of design patterns and object oriented technologies.
* Design and development experience in Enterprise level Java/J2EE application environments (JSP, JDBC, JMS and more. JBOSS-specific experience a plus)
* Experience in developing and designing applications and web services in a Service Oriented Architecture, including the use of RESTful services and API gateways.
* Experience in web application security practices and techniques and experience in remediation of potential application security threats.
* Experience with Lucene/Solr or other search engine/guided navigation technologies.
* Experience with SCM and build tools (Git, Stash, Ant, Maven, Grunt); Project and code management in Jira, Confluence and Stash.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
* Solid business acumen and deep understanding of business processes in a direct-to-consumer environment
* Strong communication skills, including executive presentation and conflict management
* Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of other architects
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a matrix team environment with both internal and 3rd party development teams (onshore / offshore).
* Experience working in a variety of development methodologies including Agile / SCRUM or other Iterative methodologies.
* Ideal candidates can live in Middleton or Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN
The Mattel family of companies (NASDAQ:MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel s portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie , the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels , Monster High , American Girl , Thomas & Friends and Fisher-Price brands, including Little People and Power Wheels , as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine and is also ranked No. 2 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel s companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer