Principle Electronics Firmware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Principal Electronics Firmware Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the development of firmware for the Johnson Controls brand of access control panels. These panels primarily consist of the iStar line of panels. Over the next three years these panels will expanded to offer wireless and internet gateway connectivity. This position will also be responsible for the development of firmware within associated edge devices including wired and wireless readers and other access control field devices. As the iStar product migrates into a virtualized environment, this position will be responsible for the adaptation of the firmware into virtualized environments and the integration of the firmware within complementary systems including video, intrusion, fire alarm and building management systems.
* Perform board bring-up, develop BSP, diagnostic firmware and etc.
* Development of embedded Linux C/C ARM Cortex and x86 based firmware.
* Development of device drivers at the kernel level for serial, PCI and network interfaces.
* Demonstrate technical expertise in Firmware development on ARM processor and Linux.
* This position will report to the Senior Manager, Firmware Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong knowledge of electronic board bring-up and diagnostics, skilled in BSP development.
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented ANSI C development on a Linux Kernel.
* Strong knowledge of the Linux Operating System and embedded RTOS systems.
* Development experience with ARM Cortex processors is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of serial and network protocols.
* Strong knowledge of Linux open source databases and C database drivers.
* Strong knowledge of Ubuntu/SLES build environment, SVN and Jenkins
* Experience with the Python Django Web Services.
* Experience with HTML/Java Script.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
* Good written and excellent verbal communication skills are required.
* The position requires individuals to have high energy, be extremely analytical and be able to quickly grasp complicated issues. You should also be comfortable working in a matrix environment. International experience & competence in foreign languages is desirable, but not required.
* 8-10 years of solid experience in firmware development with an emphasis in embedded Linux C/C platforms in hardware intensive systems from the selection of development platforms to the management of the flashing of firmware on the production line.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.