Regional Principal Pre-Sales West
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REGIONAL PRINCIPAL - PRE-SALES WEST
For more than 25 years, Datalink has helped customers apply technology that drives and supports their businesses. Our success in the technology services sector depends on, and is fully measured by, customer business outcomes. As we continue to expand our capabilities around the data center, we remain focused on helping our customers apply technology that impacts their businesses with measurable results. With a strong foundation in servers, storage, and networks, we have evolved with the data center to include virtualization, unified computing, the cloud, IT as a Service, and more. Concurrently as we've grown, so too has the importance of the data center to the enterprise and its impact on business, as well as the delivery vehicles employed.
Throughout the years, technology and business challenges have changed, but the core foundation of our business has remained the same. Listening to customers, understanding their business needs, and knowing how to serve them will always be paramount. As one of the largest data center solutions providers in the U.S., we continue to be known as the single-source IT provider with best practice-based data center offerings, exceptional services and support, and more.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
Remote telecommute position with travel. Candidate can be located anywhere in the US.
The Regional Principal is a technical leader within the Consulting Services organization. Functioning in a pre-sales setting directly with Datalink clients assigned within a given geography to provide solutions that meet our clients outcomes. The Regional Principal drives the positioning of our services, leveraging Datalink s Consulting Services portfolio, and is involved in the full selling cycle for Consulting Services. As a trusted advisor the Regional Principal will also provide insight and recommendations through industry and Datalink best practices into the solution development process to ensure Datalink services are fulfilling the proper solutions for our clients requirements.
In addition to positioning our Consulting Services solutions, the Regional Principal will also work internally within Datalink to collaborate on strategic account planning within assigned region. The Regional Principal will provide leadership and develop relationships within Datalink assigned region and with our clients in the design of Datalink consulting solutions, addressing specific client outcomes.
Support of Selling Cycle:
This individual must be able to lead pre-sales efforts to define business opportunities across the Consulting Services portfolio. They must be able to:
* Develop consulting solutions, scope, support selling cycle, and present solutions to clients
* Develop and deliver presentations
* Develop proposals
* Own SOW and pricing models process
* Partner with Datalink Account teams for strategic account planning around Consulting Services
* Develop relationships at client Executive levels, drive to trusted advisor status
This individual must understand the competency well enough to:
* Write and publish white papers
* Deliver presentations at trade show and/or webinars
* Present to executive management
* Work with clients and project teams to identify business and technical requirements .
* Design solutions for clients based on industry and the company's best practices.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients and internal sales and delivery teams.
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience or 4 years related experience in lieu of degree.
* Excellent technical pre-sales skills, including formal presentations.
* Excellent written and oral communications.
* Analytical abilities resulting in problem resolution.
* In-depth knowledge of complex technical environments.
* Good organizational skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check. Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.