Principle / Professional Engineer
POSITION: PRINCIPLE/ PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER
COMPANY: Fabricates architectural metalwork; steel fabricator Welding and brazing and soldering services, Machining and processing services, Machining services, Forming services, Heat treatment services, Coating services
LOCATION: HARRISON, NEW JERSEY
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/Permanent & Direct hire job
An immediate opening for a Professional Engineer to join them at their Harrison, NJ location. Responsibilities of this position include:
* Review and certification of fabrication and erection drawing submittals for miscellaneous steel structures, including stairs and handrails.
* Review and certification of fabrication and erection drawing submittals for structural steel structures.
* Responsible for preparing calculations and ensuring structures meet both strength and deflection limit states as per all current design codes.
* Value engineering to reduce costs of structures designed by others.
* Work with Project Managers and engineering staff to complete projects timely.
* Develop and maintain client relationships.
A successful candidate will have at least 7years of experience as a professional engineer, a degree in engineering from a 4year college or university, licensed in the state of New York and New Jersey and must be proficient with AutoCAD. Experience within the miscellaneous metal industry is preferred but not required.