(Print/Mail/Postal) Sourcing Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is responsible for the cost efficient procurement of Print and Mail House Services across the enterprise. The position is responsible for the selection, development, negotiation, and execution of contracts that cover a wide variety of specifications and commercial items or services specific to Print and Mail House Services.
* Develops and coordinates Requests for Proposals, Request for Bids and Auctions.
* Works with internal clients to integrate procurement processes and policies into regular business practice, including assisting with accurate completion of internal Intake Form and compliance with procurement policies.
* Maintains quarterly savings reports.
* Procures goods and services as assigned via eProcurement tools.
* Obtains quotes; conducts cost analysis; and negotiates prices and delivery time.
* Maintains contact with suppliers through meetings and supplier site visits as well as trade shows and product seminars.
* Evaluates products and services for overall value (including price, quality, etc.).
* Acts as first tier problem resolution concerning quality, deliveries, Accounts Payable issues, outstanding items, damaged goods and incorrect shipments.
* Assists the Sourcing Manager with other duties and special projects.
* Generates queries and reports from the appropriate procurement system for internal customers as requested.
* Requires working knowledge of eProcurement systems (e.g. ARIBA Procure-to-Pay system).
* Requires working knowledge of PeopleSoft-Accounts Payable module.
* Requires familiarity with procurement procedures and processes.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Requires expert Print, Mail House and Postal regulatory industry knowledge.
* Requires good negotiating skills.
* Requires detailed oriented, self-motivated problem solver.
* Requires excellent procurement consulting skills in order to assist business owner with business requirement definition and project requirements.
* Requires outstanding interpersonal skills; must be customer focused at all times. Must be able to build and maintain relationships within business organization.
* Requires the ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in an "on-demand" environment.
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
* Prefers a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a business-related field.
* Requires five + years experience in procurement or related field.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) a plus.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.