Print Production Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
We are currently hiring for a Print Production Associate to join our team working onsite at our client's location in Arlington, VA.
Job Title: Print Production Associate
Location: Arlington, VA 22201
Contract: 12 months
Hours: M-F, 8am -5pm
* Possesses skills and competencies to deliver contracted customer requirements (document assembly and finishing).
* Tasks and activities are defined and routine
* Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
* Point of contact to receive, review and electronically log customer jobs
* Operate standard finishing equipment (e.g. paper cutters, inserters, laminating, and hole punchers)
* Operate office equipment (printer, copier, fax)
* Apply asset tags to office equipment and update database
* Track and coordinate the move, add or change of office equipment assets at customer accounts
* Clean and maintain office equipment when necessary
* Process forms and update information using a PC Maintain appropriate supply inventory, distribute supplies as required
* Problem solve issues to complete production, delivery, and output requirements
* Perform basic quality inspection before, during and after output of each production run
* Sort and scan hardcopy materials or other mediums for use in printed documents or digital format; specific application training may be required and provided
* Collect data and respond to print/copy equipment issues by contacting service personnel using specific PC applications
* Operate high volume printers and copiers
* Estimate, schedule and track incoming production jobs
* Optimize document design for quality and reproduction Inspect files for problem areas, including fonts, image resolution and image registration Index electronic materials to media such as CDROM , disk or tape, for reproduction and distribution
* Integrate variable data files into printed format using templates provided Interface with customer to optimize document design for quality and reproduction utilizing web design and applications such as Quark , Pagemark , Adobe, etc.
* Modify document layouts and impositions to achieve desired finished results
* Re-engineer documents to migrate from offset to digital for printing
* Apply color management, color correction, trapping and image editing
* Perform network system administration or web design
* Operate high volume folding and inserting mail equipment
* File/document conversion (utilizing standard software) Stage, assemble and maintain inventory for pull and pack (basic fulfillment) of packaged materials
* Maintain reporting logs and information for billing
* Track and store jobs as customer requires for reuse at a future date, including file back-up
* Ability to demonstrate computer skills Functional knowledge of PC (keyboard functions, mouse, etc.)
* Ability to demonstrate Advanced use of: MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web / Internet / Intranet
* Demonstrate ability to use / locate / configure devices (drives, files, and printers) attached to network
* Able to demonstrate proficiency with desktop publishing graphics / illustration software
* Able to demonstrate ability to send and receive emails , find, open and save documents and files, perform data entry
* Able to demonstrate the ability use internet explorer for web browsing , send documents to preconfigured printer
* Able to demonstrate basic math skills (division, multiplication, percentages) Business maturity and professionalism
* Experience in a Customer Service environment (minimum 1 year)
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
* Required: Post high school technology training or experience
* Specialized training/education as required; graphic arts, imaging science or print technology, network or multiple operating systems
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.