Print Production Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONApex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER TO SUPPORT ONE OF OUR MAJOR FINANCIAL CLIENTS IN BOSTON, MA! As part of the Creative Services team, the Print Production Manager works closely with Marketing & Communications Project Managers to ensure all marketing jobs related to product launches, marketing campaigns, and other strategic projects are completed on time, in high quality fashion, and within budget.
PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER OVERVIEW:
This position has overall responsibility for managing the print production and fulfillment process, including vendor relationships, with the ultimate objective to provide timely, cost-effective, high-quality print services to the Marketing & Communications department and its key stakeholders and internal clients. This role reports to the Marketing Director, Web & Creative Services, but must be able to work independently as they will be managing print jobs and processes from start to finish. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, excellent communication skills and strong organization skills are necessary in every applicant.
PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER TOP REQUIREMENTS:
* P3 experience (bidding software), MS Office (Excel), Workzone (project management system)
* Subject matter expertise across a wide variety of printed materials, processes, and techniques, with a heavy focus on collateral and direct mail
* 5+ years of print production experience on the buying side ( working with suppliers to negotiate cost and schedule)
* Direct client interfacing experience with the ability to communicate and present to internal stakeholders at varied levels
PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Having a strong background in color at it applies to printing jobs with and without photography.
* The ability to bring folder/packaging ideas to the creative process on projects that are promotional or that support product launches comprised of many pieces
* Assessing and selecting print vendors, establishing and leveraging direct relationship with vendors, and competitively bidding jobs and purchasing print services in accordance with established processes and procedures.
* Identifying opportunities for savings and negotiating and/or taking effective actions for achieving savings
* Managing daily production management of all jobs, including planning, scheduling, quality control, manufacturing, and concise communications with internal and external teams.
* Consulting with multiple suppliers to provide guidance regarding formats, print specifications and feasibility.
* Providing written documentation for all orders, changes and estimates
* Reviewing jobs for accuracy, quality, on-spec, USPS postal regulations, functionality, and on-time completion
* Managing positive vendor relationships and developing back-up plans to identify/avoid potential issues in pricing, instructions, manufacturing and delivery.
* Ensuring project print budgets are approved and proper purchasing and invoicing processes are followed.
* Developing and monitoring cost and time estimates, comprehensive print/mailing specifications, manageable timelines.
* Analyzing and defining potential problems/challenges, evaluate alternatives, provide viable solutions, develop, document and optimize processes that improve quality, efficiency, and client/team satisfaction.
* Identifying and resolving vendor issues: changes to pricing that differ from original written estimate, negotiating discounts for errors, working with vendors to identify quality control process issues and their resolution, and maintaining open communication on the changing needs of internal clients.
* Ensuring on-time delivery to fulfillment warehouses and on-schedule mail dates campaign initiatives
* Attending press checks (when appropriate) for quality control
* Proven project management skills.
* Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel, including ability to blend and clean up mail list files
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline (i.e. print management, graphic arts, communications, business administration or liberal arts).
* Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to effectively