Print Production Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Print Production Supervisor impacts the organization by supervising production-related investments in support of business plan requirements while ensuring Brand quality assurance standards are upheld. He/She is responsible for supervising activities that support the execution of specific communications projects. This position manages activities which support the execution of specific communications projects for various internal groups like Brand Management, all Communications groups, UPS Foundation, Customer Solutions, UPS Capital, Retail Services, and Marketing. The Print Production Supervisor works with external suppliers to coordinate and monitor supplier performance and quality.
The Print Production Supervisor manages quality assurance and consistency of UPS Brand on all printed assets to ensure standards are met. He/She manage relationships with print and print-related vendors including performance reviews and capability reviews of potential vendors. This position establishes expertise in Print Production through an understanding of the industry, the underlying cost factors, and its effect on product quality and reliability to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities. The Print Production Supervisor manages vendor contract compliance with UPS s legal agreements (i.e., master goods and services agreements) and appropriations to ensure compliance with company policies and legal requirements and to protect UPS s interests and intellectual property. He/She is responsible for the strategic sourcing of products and services for customer-facing and employee-facing materials at the highest quality and optimal price.
* Develops Request for Quotes (RFQ) for assigned projects and gather estimates from vendors to facilitate the vendor selection process.
* Conducts post-project reviews with project managers upon completion of assigned projects to ensure objectives were met, outline project learnings, and review project performance.
* Develop production schedules for printing of projects to manage all aspects of production of assigned projects.
* Provide performance feedback to vendors upon completion of projects and participate in annual performance review meetings with vendors to ensure quality targets are achieved and maintained.
* Monitors paper specifications, selections, and purchases to support UPS s Communications Paper Program and obtain financial incentives (i.e., rebates).
* Handles inventory management of collateral materials produced and stored in inventory management program including supervising reprints to replenish inventory.
* Performs required UPS quality control steps (proof review, press check, sample check) and provides educated and technical guidance to ensure UPS Brand and quality standards are upheld.
* Participates in the UPS Supplier Diversity program by promoting the program to majority-owned vendors and actively searching for certified minority- and/or female owned vendors with appropriate capabilities to support diversity spend.
* Updates, analyzes, and manages monthly inventory reports and re-print authorizations to communicate inventory status with management and stakeholders and to ensure optimal inventory levels are met.
* Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
* Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party s objectives.
* Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between big picture concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
* Vendor/Supplier Management: Identifies internal customers needs and vendors to meet those needs; determines costs and benefits to UPS for vendors products, commodities, or services; creates bid proposals for vendor solicitation; analyzes vendor responses and develops recommendations for award.
* Budget Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of finance and accounting theory and principles.
* Bachelor s degree Graphic Design, Digital Media, Communications, Printing Management Preferred
* Experience working in a printing plant - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity