Print Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
The Print Manager creates, implements, and manages the Print strategy for The UPS Store, Inc. franchise network which includes the On-Line Print (OLP) strategy, OLP technology enhancements, and managing all OLP operations. He/she works closely with both internal and external customers to support The UPS Store Inc. s print initiatives. This position manages others within the department.
The Print Manager executes the e-commerce on-line print strategy to support the company initiatives. He/she manages the development of future platform evaluation and enhancements to remain competitive in the print industry. This position manages and implements an on-going print training strategy to provide current and relevant training to The UPS Store University students and the Franchise network. The Print Manager manages required Print equipment for the network to ensure speed and quality requirements and compatibility with current systems. He/She manages digital multi-functional printers (binding, laminating, and cutting) and other additional equipment to manage a locally owned print shop. This position uses knowledge of trade printing to coordinate where print requests are directed, such as to an outside organization versus an in house request.
* Develops forward looking Same Store Sales (SSS) growth goals and develops corporate strategy to obtain agreed upon measurements.
* Implements pricing strategy to analyze competitive offerings and positively impact the Profit and Loss (P&L) for the Print profit center.
* Collaborates with other departments to ensure company alignment of on-line print applications to include new products and competitive offerings.
* Works with Vendor Management and Legal groups during extensions and negotiations of platform and outsource contracts to achieve desired result.
* Implements and manages OLP Sales strategy for Corporate Retail Solutions (CRS) to attract and develop print clients for The UPS Store network.
* Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
* Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality, and understands and communicates limitations; relates and compares information from different sources; manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges own findings and documents process and outcomes; audits own analyses and determines their validity.
* Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Adept at thoroughly defining problems and structuring analytical paths to solving them; disaggregates problems into key issues to efficiently solve them; selects efficient analytical approaches that fit the situation.
* Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
* Develops and Manages Marketing Research: Clearly defines research objectives and key questions; designs research projects using common qualitative and quantitative marketing research methods; applies essential research design principles (pretesting, upfront analysis planning, and creating rational and achievable project plans); differentiates between strong and weak insights and acts accordingly; interprets and uses research results objectively.
* Project Planning: Develops and executes project management plans for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
* Statistical Analysis: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of statistical terminology and understanding of analyses and/or tests (e.g. measures of central tendency, standard deviation, correlation, analysis of variance (ANOVA), simple linear regression, significance testing, etc.); displays the ability to calculate basic statistics.
* Experience with Trade Printing - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity