Printer Op Iii
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrinter Op III
This is an entry level position into the force progression in the Printing Department. Associate will progress to higher skilled job as outlined in the labor agreement. Associates are responsible for safe and efficient operations of the Make Ready functions and areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Obeys all plant/safety rules and complies with all OSHA regulations.
Maintains written job procedures pertaining to the make ready area.
Must be able to lift and perform material handling duties as required in the Make Ready area.
Performs pre-make ready functions for all jobs, including getting cylinders from the staging area and prepping them for presses.
Safely handles doctor blades and boxes.
Coordinates work orders with the design number to be matched to the correct cylinder.
Operates hoist to safely lift heavy cylinder out of box and sliding over to put bearing/sleaves on it to put it in the press trolley.
Removes press cylinders from boxes and checks for wear and tear and/or damage.
Maintains cleaning and wash-up of all parts after jobs are finished using established safety procedures.
Assists in the preparation of press cylinders for storage. Washes, cleans and wraps cylinders and places in storage box and taken to staging area.
Transports hazardous waste (water-based ink and cleaner) to waste staging area inside Press Department.
Maintains proper disposal of pre-make-ready waste using a fork truck to move the totes.
Maintains good housekeeping practices and proper safety procedures to include the maintenance of tools and equipment.
Receives training for next labor grade in order to gain a general knowledge of Press operations, which includes being physically able/capable of performing the duties and responsibilities in the forced progression within the Press Department.
Operates power industrial truck in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
Prior Graviere printing experience is helpful, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Must pass Farnsworth Dichotomous Test for Color Blindness.
2. Must have the ability to read, write, and perform simple math.
3. Fork Truck skills/ certification.
4. Basic computer functions to include a basic understanding of simple operations.
5. Must be trainable to operate Bar Code scanners/computer scanners.
6. Must be able to safely work around strobe lights
7. Must have the ability following training to successfully perform the knowledge, skills and abilities of the higher-level press operator positions.
8. Must have good oral communication skills to work in a team-based environment.
9. Must be able to safely use a hoist and doctor blades.