Printing Manager - Flexography 8/11/2016
Verne Johnson & Associates Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION -
Our client is a multi-plant Packaging Converter that prints and laminates flexible materials and converts into bags, standup pouches and rollstock for a variety of food and non-food applications. The printing department in this plant consists of two 8-color and two 10-color wide web W certification or apprenticeship program preferred to apply principles of manufacturing operations, specifically in the printing/graphics industry.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in press and plate making operations to troubleshoot problems, determine adjustments, and successfully identify and implement solutions.
* Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience to effectively manage the output of various departments, the unique personalities within those departments, and the various situations or problems that may arise within the specific production processes.
* Experience in operating a press and in mounting plates is desirable to be able to adequately answer questions from personnel and demonstrate the proper handling of equipment.
* Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills to efficiently manage a variety of production issues and effectively communicate with personnel.
* Basic computer skills are required to perform the support activities associated with the General Responsibilities of the position.
* Basic math skills to identify proper press specifications from artwork requirements, monitor and order supplies, and correct quality issues resulting from the manufacturing process.
* Extensive knowledge of printing and flexographic packaging is required to apply specific problems and problem-solving techniques.
Salary ranges to 100K depending upon experience presented. Excellent benefits. Relocation package.